1. The investors should study and understand the product (fund) feature, return condition and risk factors carefully before making an investment.
2. Investment in mutual funds is not a bank deposit and carries investment risk. The investors may receive the redemption amount higher or lower than the initial investment amount. Accordingly, the investors should invest when they consider that the investment in any mutual fund (“Fund”) is appropriate for their investment objectives and they can accept the risk which may incur from the investment in such Fund.
3. The persons interested in investment should study the prospectus carefully and understand “Investment Policy”, “categories of Investment Securities”, “Assets Allocation”, “Important risk factors” and “Warnings/Advices” before investing and keep such information for future reference. For those who wish to know additional details, can request a prospectus for project information from the Asset Management Company or its appointed Selling Agents.
4. The Asset Management Company may invest in securities or other assets for the Asset Management Company in the same way as the Asset Management Company has invested in securities or other assets for the Fund according to the regulations imposed by the Office of Securities and Exchange Commission (“Office of SEC”). The persons interested in investment who intend to know the information of investment for the Asset Management Company in details can ask for the information at the Asset Management Company or its appointed Selling Agents, or the Office of SEC.
5. In case of particular funds whose investment concentrated in either one industry or one country, the investors should study and understand the information in the prospectus before making an investment.
6. In case of unusual circumstance, the investors may not receive payment of the redeeming price of investment units within the due period of time or they may be unable to redeem the investment units as instructed, or they may receive money from the redemption of investment units later than the time stipulated in the prospectus.
7. In case where the Fund cannot maintain its liquid assets as prescribed by the Office of SEC, the investors may be unable to redeem the investment units according to their instruction.
8. The investors can check the information which may affect their investment decision, for instance, the entry into transaction with the Connected Person and the investment proportion stipulated in the objective of investment, etc. at the Office of SEC, or via the website of the Office of SEC at http://www.sec.or.th
9. The Fund is a juristic person separated from the Asset Management Company, accordingly, the Asset Management Company has no obligation to compensate the loss of the Fund. The operating performance of the Fund does not depend on the financial status or the operating performance of the Asset Management Company.
10. The investment in any funds whose name appearing in this Mobile Application is governed by the laws of Thailand including rules, regulations and by-laws stipulated in accordance with the Securities and Exchange Act B.E. 2535 (1992) (as Amended).
11. The information in this Mobile Application is just general information not being an advice or opinion and it does not substitute the advice or it is not intended as the offer or invitation for any person in buying or selling the product of various categories. Thus, no person can claim for any damages which incur with such person who used the information or who makes his/her decision based on the contents herein.
12. The approval of the Office of SEC for the establishment and management of the Fund’s project appearing in this Mobile Application does not mean that the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) and the Office of SEC have certified the accuracy of the information in the prospectus and they do not guarantee the price or yield of the offered investment units.
13. The evaluation of the Fund’s operating performance in this Mobile Application applies the method of evaluation of the operating performance according to the standard prescribed by the Association of Investment Management Companies (“AIMC”) and the Fund’s operating performance in the past does not guarantee the Fund’s operating performance in the future.
14. The Asset Management Company has prepared all contents appearing in this Mobile Application for disseminating them to the Unitholders and the persons interested in investment and the Asset Management Company has realized the accuracy of such information. However, the Asset Management Company cannot guarantee the accuracy and the updatedness of all contents appearing in this Mobile Application.
15. The Asset Management Company reserves the right to correct, improve or change any information in this Mobile Application without any prior notice.
16. The Asset Management Company allows its employees to invest in the securities for themselves but they must comply with the ethics and every notifications imposed by AIMC and they must disclose such investment to the Asset Management Company for acknowledgment in order that the Asset Management Company will be able to supervise the employees’ securities trading.
17. The Asset Management Company and the executives including the Asset Management Company’s employees reserve the right not to be responsible for the damages in all cases which incur to the information and/or the communication system of the visitors or the investors due to their usage of this Mobile Application and/or any mobile application which is used in the Asset Management Company’s activity.
18. The Asset Management Company reserves the right of any information in this Mobile Application. No person is permitted to disseminate, refer, imitate, reproduce or amend by any method, in whole or in part, the information in this Mobile Application, unless there is the prior written permission of the Asset Management Company. The Asset Management Company and the executives including the Asset Management Company’s employees reserve the right not to be responsible for the damages in all cases which incur from other person’s intentional act or without permission of the Asset Management Company, but such other person corrects, changes any report, information, document or any media in this Mobile Application and such report, information, document or any media in this Mobile Application is specifically or generally disseminated, in the manner that it may cause the misunderstanding or the damage to the property or reputation of the Asset Management Company or other person.
19. The correction, modification, change of the report, content, information, document or any media in this Mobile Application, by any method, with intention or without prior permission of the Asset Management Company, and such correction, modification change result in the damage of property or reputation of the Asset Management Company or other person is the illegal action and offence in accordance with the Act governing the Committing of Offence relating to the Computer (“Act”) where the offender of such Act must be responsible for the civil damage and may also be responsible for the criminal punishment.
20. The Asset Management Company has compiled various websites in country and foreign countries which link with this Mobile Application for convenience in visiting such websites only. In case where such websites present any information, knowledge, concept or offer any service or offer any sale of various products in such websites to their visitors, especially some websites in foreign countries are not permitted to render any service or offer various products in Thailand at the moment, therefore, the visitors or the recipients of such service or buyers of product from such websites should study and check the information carefully before deciding to receive such service or to buy product or to take any action. In this connection, the Asset Management Company does not involve with any information or the offer of service or product. Moreover, the Asset Management Company does not certify the accuracy of information or the offer of service or product in such websites.
21. In case where the visitors who visit this Mobile Application and they leave this Mobile Application to other websites which link with this Mobile Application, the Asset Management Company would like to inform that such websites may be not governed by the Securities and Exchange Act B.E. 2535 (1992) and the Asset Management Company has not yet surveyed the service of information or product of such companies, accordingly, the Asset Management Company cannot guarantee the accuracy and completeness of such information and cannot be responsible for any incurred damage.
22. The investors should check to ensure that the sellers of investment units are the persons approved by the Office of SEC.
Warning for Particular Fund
• The investors cannot bring the investment units of the Retirement Mutual Fund (“RMF”) and the Long Term Equity Fund (“LTF”) to sell, distribute, transfer, pledge or to place as collateral.
• For the investment in any RMF and LTF, the Unitholders (of such funds) must strictly comply with the conditions on investment and conditions imposed by the Revenue Department (which they can study such conditions from the investment handbook provided by the Asset Management Company), otherwise, the investors will not receive the tax benefit and/or the investors may be deducted or cannot request for the return of the withholding tax from the earned profit and they must return the tax’s benefit which they have received within the due period of time, and/or they may have to pay the surplus or penalty according to the Revenue Code. In addition, the investors must keep the documents of investment in the Fund including the evidence to prove that they have completely complied with the prescribed conditions for the benefit in confirming your tax’s benefit when they are inquired in the future. In addition, the investors should ask for the prospectus and handbook of investment and they should study such information until the investors understand such information or the investors may ask for additional details at the Asset Management Company or its Selling Agents.
• In case where the Fund invests in foreign country and the Fund has not fully hedged the risk of the exchange rate, the investors may suffer the loss or may gain profit from the exchange rate or receive the money back less than the initial investment amount.
• In case of guaranteed Fund, the investors who hold the investment units until the due period of time fixed in the prospectus will receive the investment back according to the conditions of guarantee. However, such guarantee does not include the guarantee of the guarantor’s ability to pay debt in the future.
• In case of the “Fund focusing on the principal protection”, it is just a title of mutual fund with low risk whose policy of investment is to protect the principal of the Unitholders. Such Fund does not guarantee the investment or the yield from investment.
Form of Information
The Company has collected the information in order that the Company will be able to render the financial service to the customers. The information comprises the name, address, date of birth including other information, for instance, occupation, your income per year. The Company receives such information from the application of account opening and your information for using the Company’s service on the internet.
The Company may collect your additional information when you use the Company’s service and the customers’ care center via the internet system or mobile phone in order to enable the Company to prepare better product and service which are appropriate for you.
Usage of Password
The customers have responsibility in keeping and taking care of their passwords. At all times and in all situations, you must be sure that your password is not disclosed to other person. Please notify the Company immediately when you have found that the password is used without your authorization or there is the violation of password’s security.
Usage and Disclosure
The Company may use your personal information or other information with the reasons as follows:
Disclosure of information to CIMB-Principal and Principal Financial Group: The Company may disclose your personal information to CIMB-Principal and Principal Financial Group, for instance,
• In case of introduction of financial product and service, for instance, the investment units of the fund in which you are interested;
• In case of evaluation and running of application program which is in line with financial product and service, for instance, your investment units of the fund;
• In case of management of financial product and service, for instance, your investment units of the fund presented by the Company;
• In case where the disclosure of information will help Company in managing the content to be ready for usage and the connection with the product, service and the communication of the companies in the Group;
• For risk management in order to detect and to prevent from wrongdoing and the fraud which may incur including any other violation of Company’s policy and agreements.
The Company may disclose your personal information to the Company’s external service provider: The Company may disclose your personal information to the external service provider who renders its service to the Company, as follows:
• The external service provider who may render its service to you, for instance, the authentication service, etc.;
• The external service provider, for instance, documents delivery service provider, IT system service provider, information filling service provider, publishing house, auditors including experts in various fields, provider who delivers the advertising for product and service and any other external company who supports in rendering our service to you;
• The person appointed to perform the duty in place of you;
• The experts in various fields appointed by the Company to help us in rendering our service of management of your investment;
• In case where the Company must disclose your information as stipulated by laws, for instance, the disclosure of information to the Revenue Department, regulator, for instance, the Office of SEC;
• Other financial institutes who are our partners in creating and offering the product or service: The Company may disclose your personal information to other financial institutes who are our partners in creating and offering the product, for instance, Synchrony Bank who relates to your bank account in case where you need to transfer money from your bank account or into your bank account, such financial institute may use such information only for the marketing and offering of product relating to the Company;
• In case of preparation of information and statistics compiled by the third party including other business and general persons relating to the method, time and reason of the users of our website and service. This information does not identify yourself or does not provide the information relating to your usage of website or service. The Company will not disclose your personal information to the third party for the marketing objective without your consent.
The Company may disclose your personal information to the third party for its business objective or in the case stipulated or permitted by laws: The Company may disclose your personal information to other person for its business objective or in the case stipulated or permitted by laws including the cases as follows:
• In the case where it is necessary to disclose such information in order to comply with the laws, legal procedure or rules and regulations for supporting the audit, compliance and duty on the business operation supervision;
• In the case where it is necessary to disclose such information to the law enforcement agency, the state agency with the supervisory authority, state officials or other third person who involves with the summon, court’s order or other legal procedure or legal provisions under the laws or regulations or under the laws or regulations of other court’s jurisdiction which apply to the Asset Management Company or companies in the group of the Asset Management Company. Such information is disclosed in order to be in line with such laws or in case where the Company believes at its discretion that the disclosure of personal information is necessary or appropriate in order to prevent from the physical hazard or
financial loss or in order to report on suspicious transaction which may violate the laws;
• In order to protect the important interest of person;
• In order to protect the properties, services and legal rights of the Asset Management Company;
• In case where there is the linkage with the delivery service and various relevant services for the buying transaction which is done by using the service;
• In order to assess and manage the risk including to prevent from the fraud against the Asset Management Company and the fraud relating to the websites or usage of service of the Asset Management Company;
• In order to disclose such information to agencies, banks, financial institutes for the credit reporting and for money collection.
With your consent: The Asset Management Company will disclose your personal information and other information with your consent. However, the recipient of such personal information must comply with the condition of disclosure of personal information according to the laws governing the privacy.
The alternative not to transact via the internet and Application
If the customers intend not to transact via the internet and Application, they may choose to use the phone or may write letter or contact the Asset Management Company in order to ask for the information relating to the investment in the Fund of the Asset Management Company. You may fill account opening form and may file the original documents at the office of the Asset Management Company and the Selling Agents of the Company.
Cookies are small text files containing the information which you have visited our website. The Asset Management Company used Cookies in the Company’s Application in order to ensure that the information of transaction which you have done with us via the internet system and the Application is correct. Once you leave from our system of internet security and our Application, such cookies will be destroyed and such information will not be disseminated.
Access to your personal information
You may write an e-mail to contact us or you may call us at the phone number (662) 686-9595, during 08.30 hrs. to 17.00 hrs. every business day when you need to check your information. We may contact you for preparing additional information, for instance, money market information, fund market information, new fund and service. If you do not need such information, please also contact us.
Investors’ Risk Level Assessment Form (“Suitability Test”)
Since 1 July 2011 onwards, every investor must do the Suitability Test according to the Notification of the Capital Market Supervisory Board No.Thor.Tor./Nor./Khor. 47/2010, RE: Rule of Giving of Advice on the Investment and Providing of Service relating to the Investment Units Trading. If the investor refuses to do the Suitability Test or the investor does not provide complete information, CIMB-Principal Asset Management Company Limited (“Company”) cannot give advice on investment or cannot enter into the transaction of investment units buying or the transaction of investment units’ switching into the Fund for you because the Company must comply with the state agencies’ rules and regulations.
The objective of the Suitability Test is to cause the investors to acknowledge the level of risk which is appropriate for himself/herself in general and the Company will use information from such Suitability Test for giving advice on investment in the fund that appropriate for risk level of Unitholders. In this connection, the investors are requested to fill the actual information in all items of the Suitability Test in order to enable the Company to evaluate the level of risk which is appropriate for you.
The Unitholders can ask for the Suitability Test from the Company’s selling employees and can do such Suitability Test by filling it and return it to the Company, or may do the Suitability Test via the Company’s electronic service or via any other channel to be further notified by the Company. The Company will adhere to the information in the latest Suitability Test for assessment of Unitholders’ risk level.
Terms and Conditions:
In case of Subscription and/or Switching orders via the ordinary system of order receiving, the Company reserves the right not to take action according to Subscription Order/Switching Order for any fund according to the Form of Subscription Order/Switching Order (or the Subscription Order/Switching Order which is sent via system) for any fund. In such case, the Company does not have to notify Unitholders in advance, if the risk level of such fund is higher than the risk level of Unitholder which calculated from this Suitability Test or according to the latest Suitability Test of Unitholders which may be prepared in the future (except the case where the Unitholders confirm to take such risk from time to time, or except the case where there may be the change in the future as deemed appropriate by the Company subject to the rules of relevant state agencies which may be amended in the future).
In case of Subscription Order/Switching Order under the Automatic Investment Planning (AIP), the Company reserves the right not to take action according to the Buying Order/Switching Order for any fund as prescribed in the AIP where the Company does not have to give notice to the Unitholders for acknowledgement in advance, if the risk level of such fund is higher than the risk level of Unitholder which calculated from this Suitability Test or according to the latest Suitability Test of Unitholders which may be prepared in the future (except the case where the Unitholders confirm to take such risk and such exception must be further applicable to such investment plan until there is the adjustment of the investment plan, or there is the new processing of information of the level of Unitholders’ risk according to the Suitability Test, or except the case where there may be the change in the future as deemed appropriate by the Company subject to the regulations of relevant state agencies which may be amended in the future).
The Suitability Test is applicable only to the account of the Unitholders under the Company’s management. In this connection, the Unitholders must transact the transaction via the selling agents who are the Company’s selling employees or independent selling agents or via the Company’s electronic service only, but it excludes the transaction that is transacted via other Selling. In such case, the Unitholders must fill the form of the Suitability Test prepared by such Selling.
The Unitholders acknowledge and agree that they have the duty to review and update the information in the Suitability Test according to the time frame prescribed by the Office of SEC, the Company or relevant state agencies including any information which may be changed in the future.
After the due period of time for reviewing and updating the information in the Suitability Test as mentioned above, if the Company does not receive the information in the new Suitability Test from the Unitholders within the due period of time, the Unitholders agree and consent to the Company to deem that the Unitholders’ information appearing in the latest Suitability Test in the system is the most updated information of the Unitholders and such information must be applicable until the time that the Company has received the information in the new Suitability Test and the Company has already recorded such information in the system.